Software Developer @ Citi | Equities and Prime
Hi, I'm Kemal and I work in the intersection of technology and finance.
I've been working full-time as a developer
since 2021 and graduated from McGill University with a degree in Computer Science and Political Science
Here are links to my GitHub and LinkedIn, along with an email link if you'd like to contact me directly.
particularly proud of the work done in the Rodan
you'd like to take a look.
Currently reading: Faust by Goethe
Previously read: Metamorphosis and Other Short Stories by Franz Kafka
Software Developer – Citigroup
July 2022 - Present
- Software developer in cash equity electronic trading. Implemented upgrades to real-time and historic TAQ market data pipelines for low-touch and high-touch trading.
- Worked on Java, Python, and q projects with kdb+ integration that provide big data inputs to financial models within the high-frequency algorithmic trading business.
- Coordinated with quantitative analysts, traders, and product owners to expand the functionality of algorithmic trading models that cover numerous North American exchanges.
- Took ownership of simultaneous global deployments, ensuring the safe operation of projects ranging from order capture to ATS and broker commissions.
- Upgraded systems that interface with data vendors (Reuters Refinitv, NYSE/ICE) and gained deeper understanding of capital order flow in equity markets.
CV Download (PDF)
If you think this website is too simplistic, you should take a look at this.